Monday, January 26, 2009

Finding me - 2

I mentioned my friend on my previous post, and about how she was learning this great tool from NVC. Last week I was having one of those days and decided to call her. I am glad that I did. Just as I always am . Anyways, a suggestion that she had given me that day was to be aware of my feelings. In every situation ask yourself how do you feel.
Well I tried that, and I have to say it was difficult to try and pinpoint a feeling, as well as to try and remember to ask myself the question of how am I feeling? I still have to stop my brain from just assuming what it wants, and say to my self how am I feeling. By doing this in a situation of any sort this weekend, I felt that I was more aware of the situation and how to deal with it on a more rational and compassionate level. I will continue to practice this and hopefully it will become second nature for me to be in tune with what and how I am feeling....

1 comment:

K said...

I'm FEELING excited and happy as I read this post, Kim!